Doctors Imaging Group breast imaging specialists utilize the most advanced technologies in breast health care including digital mammography, ultrasound and state of the art 3D Tomosynthesis. In addition to exceptional interpretations and exam consultations for patients and referring physicians, our board certified breast health experts perform a variety of leading edge minimally invasive, image guided biopsy procedures to determine the nature of any abnormal finding.
Digital Mammography, along with 3D Tomosynthesis is the most effective means of detecting breast cancer in its earliest stage and when it is most receptive to treatment. During an annual screening exam utilizing digital mammography, images are taken of each breast from multiple angles. When 3D Tomosynthesis is used the X-Ray arm sweeps in a slight arc over the breast taking multiple layers of breast images in seconds. 3D mammography is especially effective in dense breast tissue where small cancers may be difficult to detect. If additional information is needed, a breast ultrasound or breast biopsy may be required.
All women are at risk for breast cancer and regular screening has proven to be an important tool for early detection of breast cancer. The new 3D technology that Doctors Imaging Group offers will provide women greater peace of mind in managing their breast health care.
Preparing for your Mammogram
- On the day of your mammogram, be sure to wear a two-piece outfit.
- Do not use deodorants, powders or lotions under your arms.
- If you have previous films, bring them to your appointment along with the name and address of any facility where you had previous mammograms.
- Arrive for your appointment 15 minutes early to complete registration.
- If you are breast-feeding or think you may be pregnant, notify a Doctors Imaging Group staff member prior to your exam.
If you have more questions about Mammography, click here for our Frequently Asked Questions page.