Ultrasound is a safe, painless diagnostic procedure that uses high-frequency sound waves to visualize parts of the body and create images.
Our board certified radiologists use these images to help diagnose and examine issues such as:
- Abdominal and pelvic function
- Breast abnormalities
- Male reproductive systems
- Kidney and thyroid systems
- Vascular function
Ultrasound images can also be enhanced with Doppler techniques to diagnose blood clots by capturing images of blood moving through blood vessels.
Preparing for your Ultrasound
- A representative will call you prior to your appointment to provide and review specific instructions.
- Arrive for your appointment 15 minutes early to complete registration.
- Pelvic Ultrasounds: Finish drinking 32 ounces of non-carbonated fluid one hour prior to your appointment.
- Abdominal Ultrasounds: do not eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your appointment.